IMC USA requires its members to adhere to a Code of Ethics as a condition of membership and for certification. This code helps IMC USA members maintain professionalism and ethical standards as they provide services to clients, and as they deal with their colleagues and the public. Adhering to the Code demonstrates a voluntary commitment to ethical actions above and beyond the requirements of law.
Ethical behavior includes practices such as:
- Safeguarding confidential information.
- Rendering impartial, independent advice.
- Accepting only those client engagements they are qualified to perform.
- Agreeing with the client in advance on the basis for professional charges.
- Developing realistic and practical solutions to client problems.
The Institute enforces the Code by investigating complaints of violations and by taking disciplinary action, including revoking the certification of any member who is found guilty of a Code violation. Mark R. Haas, CMC, FIMC is the current Chair of the IMC USA Ethics Committee.
To ask a question about consulting professional conduct, send a confidential email to email@example.com.
If you suspect a violation of the Code of Ethics by an IMC USA member, you may report it here.
Next: IMC USA Code of Ethics