Yikes! I seem to have lost all my emails in my Gmail inbox. What's happening?
If you use Gmail to receive emails, Gmail made big changes this week. Regardless of how comfortable you are with change, this may matter a lot to you. Some vital emails may be pulled into the new TABS component of Gmail. They are automatically segmenting your emails. I panicked because I suddenly had 300 less emails. (Yes, I carry a lot in my inbox.)
Luckily the fix is easy and takes just 2 seconds.
- Click on the "Promotions" inbox tab at the top of your inbox.
- Drag any important emails out of this tab and drop them into your "Primary" tab.
- When Gmail asks you to confirm that you want future emails for this person to go into your "Primary" tab, click YES when the alert pops up.
- Check your "Promotions" inbox over the next few weeks to make sure nothing you want to see is getting caught up in here.
If you don't want to deal with this at all, simply turn the new tab feature off completely.
- Click on the "Settings" icon in the top right corner of your screen, and select "Settings" from the dropdown box.
- Click on "Inbox" tab at top and deselect all categories except "Primary".
- Click the "Save Changes" button on bottom of the screen. That's it!