Posted By Administration,
Friday, May 17, 2013
Updated: Friday, August 30, 2013
| Comments (0)
We consultants spend so much time at our desks, on planes, in hotels (and eating out) that regular exercise is more important to us than some other professions. What are some ideas to help stay more fit?
Here are 7 things you should consider:
- Chair exercises (tons of them) while at your desk, on the phone, in planes, cars, cabs, etc.
- Jogging in your hotel room any time you want. Jumping jacks are fine too. And pre-shower situps/liftups are a must.
- Curling or pressing or other weight exercises while on conference calls (keep that mute button on!)
- Consider merging a home gym and office for "anytime available" exercise.
- Airport exercises: stretches, deep knee bends, one-foot balancing, etc.
- Take the stairs whenever possible.
- When parking, take a spot further from your destination. Not only will you get some exercise, but you may prevent "dings" to your paint.
Don't make excuses. Make it a priority and you will be amazed how many ways and how many places provide opportunities for exercise. As consultants, our time is for us to manage. Make time to exercise!
This post has not been tagged.