Like other consultants, I sometimes hit a feast/famine cycle, and lack the expertise to take on some new work I encounter. How do other consultants handle this?
You are not alone if you encounter these challenges. In addition, some consultants find it a bit lonely doing everything by themselves. Because of this, many consultants work with other consultants.
There are several ways to collaborate with other consultants:
- Refer other consultants, especially if it's work you no longer perform or dislike doing.
- Do a joint project with another consultant. However, make sure you:
- take good care of the other consultant
- work as equal peers vs. boss/subordinate
- have styles and values that compliment vs. conflict
- Create a consulting partnership.
If you are considering working with other consultants, consider the IMC USA virtual meeting, Forming Consulting Alliances
on Friday, April 19th
It's FREE to IMC Members
and $19 for non-Members.