Growing a client base from scratch, or jumpstarting one that has been affected by the economy or a challenged business niche, can be overwhelming. Any ideas?
Today's One Minute Idea response is based on a blog by author and entrepreneur Seth Godin. He has such practical advice and I love anything I read of his.
He reminds us there are 200 working days a year so simply commit to one simple marketing item each day. Some of his suggestions are:
- Send a hand written and personal thank you note to a client.
- Research and post a short article about how something in your specialty works.
- Read the first 3 chapters of a business or other how-to book. (Did you know over 90% of books purchased are never read?)
- Go for a 10 minute walk and come back with at least 5 written ideas on how to improve what you offer the world.
- Find out something you didn't know about one of your clients. (I found out this week a client is a Certified Shark Feeder!)
Don't try to do them all at once. As Seth suggests, just doing one of these once a day would bring big changes in your marketing. Pick one and do it today or tomorrow.