Don Matheson, CMC®, Chair and CEO
On Wednesday, May 6, IMC USA elected Officers and new Directors at the Annual Meeting of the Institute held in Dallas, TX.
I thank each member of the Institute who elected me as Chair and CEO as well as electing Dennis Schumaker (At Large) as our new Treasurer. Four new Directors were elected including Sathya Akunuru (NJ), Jim Park (NorCal), Constantinos Stavropoulos (SoCal) and Ray Suarez (NCR). Please join me in thanking each of them for their willingness to serve in this important capacity.
Loraine Huchler, Immediate Past Chair, was recognized for her outstanding service to IMC. Given the continuing economic malaise, these accomplishments are even more significant. Some of her accomplishments include:
- Improving Our Financial Performance
- Adding Depth To Our National Committees
- Enhancing The Nominating Process
- Improving The Academy
- Improving The Overall Health Of Our Institute
- Elevating The Value Of Belonging To The IMC USA Community
- Strengthening Our Management Consulting Certificate Program
IMC USA is much stronger today because of Loraine’s leadership.
It is now the duty of each of us to build upon this foundation. Our Directors have approved three key initiatives to help us jump start the building process beginning right now. The first initiative is designed for continuing long term benefit to IMC while the second and third are designed as incremental foundational improvements.
- A new membership category has been created called “Young Professional”. We have long talked about the need to recruit younger consulting professionals. We now have a membership specifically targeted at professionals twenty-nine years of age and younger.
- A five month promotional program targeting potential CMC candidates has been developed. This has been activated in celebration of the five year anniversary of the Institute receiving the ISO certification for our CMC process. This is the exact same program that we used when ISO certification was first awarded. It was a very successful program at that time and is positioned to achieve similar results today.
- A challenge program is available for the chapters using donor restricted funds, to match dollar for dollar each chapter’s efforts with community service in its locale.
I anticipate that each of these action items will help IMC finish 2015 stronger and prepare the Institute for even greater gains in 2016. Your chapter leaders will be sharing more details in the coming days.
At this critical point in our history, we must necessarily focus and execute at the tactical level to prepare the Institute to reach its true potential. However, these tactics must be developed to support our overall vision, mission and position in the consulting profession.
Therefore we have to remember that:
- We are The Community of Professional Consultants, defining excellence and advancing ethics for the management consulting profession.
- Our mission is to promote excellence and ethics in management consulting through certification, education and professional resources.
- As a membership organization, the strength and prosperity of IMC is a direct result of the commitment and talent of our members.
- It is only through a continually growing culture of collaboration, learning, sharing and mentoring others that IMC will reach its full potential.
- It is our duty, individually and collectively, to promote and protect the IMC USA and CMC brands.
To accomplish all that we have planned, we need more volunteers at all levels of the organization. Please think about your individual talents and how you may contribute to the further success of IMC USA.
IMC needs volunteers for the following national committee chairs:
- Academic Affairs
- The Academy
All of these national committees need more members. Our Awards & Recognition Committee is especially short staffed at the moment. If you have an interest in serving on this committee, please contact Kathie Nelson at Kathie@kathienelson.com.
Here are a few other ways that you can make a real difference for IMC:
- Serve as a chapter officer
- Serve on a chapter board
- Serve as a chapter committee chair
- Serve on a chapter committee
- Work at chapter events to help the leadership
- Attend as many chapter events as you can
- Bring guests to chapter events
- Promote IMC to friends and colleagues
Please add your own thoughts regarding volunteer service to this list. But more importantly, whatever you wish to do, please find your own role and help move IMC along this journey.
I truly appreciate all of the support and well wishes since my election. They are truly encouraging and humbling at the same time.
I look forward to working with all of you to make IMC’s best even better.
Loraine Huchler, CMC®, Past Chair and CEO and Don Matheson, CMC®, Current Chair and CEO
participate in the Gavel Presentation (left) and Magic Wand Presentation (right).