Message From The Chair
IMC USA Elects Leadership
Posted by Don Matheson CMC
On Wednesday, May 11, IMC USA elected Officers and new Directors at the Annual Meeting of the Institute held in Denver, CO.
I thank each member of the Institute for re-electing me as Chair & CEO as well as re-electing Dennis Schumaker as Treasurer. Parag Ambardekar was elected as our newest Director. Please join me in thanking each for their willingness to serve in these important capacities.
Cynthia Currence and Kathie Nelson completed their Director terms this month. Both have made IMC USA a better and stronger organization. Our sincere appreciation goes out to you both!
The Annual Meeting continued to build upon the theme “Successful, Strongest, Momentum” with IMC USA accomplishing many of its goals in 2015. Here are a few highlights.
- Continue Improving Financial Performance
o Lowered Operating Costs
o Eliminated Academy Losses
o Increased Net Assets
o Began 2016 With Best Opening Cash Balance in Five Years
o IRS 990 Filed in March and Posted on Website – 3rd Consecutive Year
- Update Collateral Materials (Collaboration by CPC, Marketing & Membership)
o Professional Membership Brochure
o Certified Management Consultant Brochure
o Young Professional Brochure (New Membership Category in 2015)
o Management Consulting Certificate Program Brochure (MCCP)
o All Are Commercially Printed and Downloadable From Website
- Special Website Update for Recruiting New Members
o Added member Videos with their Reasons for Joining/Belonging to IMC USA
o Includes Representatives from Young Professionals through Senior CMCs
o CMC Emeritus – 34% Net Increase
o CMC – 16% Net Increase
o CMC Triennial Renewals
§ 21% Renewal in March – Highest Early Renewal
§ 2015 Strongest Recent Year for Triennial Renewals
o Professional Renewals & Recruitment
§ 28% Net Decrease
§ This Decrease Represents A Threat to 2016
- Corporate Relations Review Committee (CRRC) Expanded to Consulting Mastermind Roundtable (CMR) Led by Pat Schumaker
o Continues with CRRC Duties
o Expanded Leadership Focus to Include Mentoring to At Large CMC Candidates
- C2M Live! Continues Success Led by Juan Negroni
o Record 2015 Attendance
o Attracts Many Non-members (these names are funneled to Chapters or Membership)
As we work through 2016, it is incumbent upon each of us to help build on this foundation. Here are some of the activities designed to strengthen IMC USA in 2016.
- IMC USA Conference in Washington, D.C. October 21-22
o Impressive Lineup of Speakers
o Special Promotional Blog Established for 2016 and Future Conferences
§ Visit it at http://imcusaconference.org/
- Personal Letter from Chair to All Professional Members (Chapters & At Large) with CMC Brochure
- Thought Leadership Website Being Developed by Loraine Huchler & Academy
o Jointly Sponsored by Academy, 2016 Conference and Membership
o Gains Greater Visibility for Academy and Conference
o Attracts Independent and Internal Management Consultants
o Creates More IMC USA Marketing Impressions
o Launch Date is June 15, 2016
- Reason for Being Development Team Led by Mike Wittenstein of Georgia Chapter
o Sponsored by Marketing & Membership
o Team Includes a Complete Cross Section of Members
o More News in the Coming Months
- Grow Management Consulting Certificate Program – Non-dues Revenue
- Grow Young Professional Member Base
- Grow Professional Member Base
- Continue Converting Retiring CMCs to CMC Emeritus
- Continue Developing Additional Member Resources & Savings
o MC21 – Already Launched with Strong Initial Response
o Special Member Pricing at Staples of 20% Discount in Copy/Print – Already Launched
o Additional Items Being Developed
I anticipate that each of these action items will help IMC finish 2016 stronger while preparing the Institute for even greater gains in 2017. Your chapter leaders will be sharing more details in the coming days.
Regardless of whether we serve as leaders within IMC USA or participate as members, there are a number of way that each of us can help grow and strengthen the Institute. These include:
- Recruit Our Fellow Consultants to IMC USA
- Attend & Promote the 2016 IMC USA Conference
- Attend & Promote the Academy and C2M Live!
- Become Certified if not Already Certified (Strengthens Your Individual Brand Also)
- Promote & Recruit Candidates for the Management Consulting Certificate Program
- Volunteer to Serve at the Chapter or National Level
To accomplish all that we have planned, we need more volunteers at all levels of the organization. Think about your individual talents and how you may contribute to the further success of IMC USA. Please keep the following thoughts in mind as you consider this request.
- We are The Community of Professional Consultants, defining excellence and advancing ethics for the management consulting profession.
- Our mission is to promote excellence and ethics in management consulting through certification, education and professional resources.
- As a membership organization, the strength and prosperity of IMC USA is a direct result of the commitment and talent of our members.
- It is only through a continually growing culture of collaboration, learning, sharing and mentoring others that IMC will reach its full potential.
- It is our responsibility and privilege, both individually and collectively, to promote and protect the IMC USA and CMC brands.
I sincerely appreciate all of the support and well wishes from each of you. They are truly encouraging and humbling at the same time.
I look forward to continuing to work with all of you to make IMC’s best even better.
Don Matheson CMC®
Chair & CEO IMC USA