The University Club
39 E. Monte Vista Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85382
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Register Now for:
for the Self-Employed Professional Consultant
September 10, 2010
University Club of Phoenix
39 East Monte Vista Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
7:15 – 8:00 am:
Registration and Buffet Breakfast
8:00 – 8:30 am:
Case Study Exercise
8:30 – 10:00 am:
Many of us assume our accountants take care of our taxes... but forget that we are the ones giving them the numbers and records they are using to prepare our tax return. Now’s the time to stop overpaying and get on top of your taxes. We will learn:
- How the government uses the income and self-employment taxes to take money from your 1099 commissions and why it's important to know how this works
- Why you absolutely, positively MUST HAVE a tax diary and EASY WAYS to turn your appointment book into a tax-favored and tax-advantaged business diary
- Why two checking accounts are critical to your 1099 tax health
- What types of Dutch-treat entertainment you can deduct and how this type of entertainment can grow your business
- What one exception in select circumstances can create a double deduction for certain types of business meals
- Why you should examine business educational opportunities when you are planning your personal vacations
- How a change in "the tax-law" makes the home-office deduction and other benefits available to your 1099 business and HOW that can ADD to your NET WORTH
- How to know when you should use IRS mileage rates or actual expenses to get the best benefits
- How to avoid violating the ONE absolute rule that DESTROYS deductions without mercy
- When you can use a 90-day mileage log to prove business use of a vehicle
- When the purchase of a new or used crossover vehicle, SUV, or truck can qualify for Section 179 expensing
- How to qualify for improved and tax-favored Section 105 medical benefits
- When hiring your child can improve the family’s net worth and how to prove the deductions
We’ll start the meeting with a short exercise as an alternative to strong coffee. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in an interactive case study. See you at our September 10 breakfast meeting!
About Our Presenter, Ron Reed
Ron Reed, CPA, is regarded as one of America’s foremost experts on tax-saving strategies for self-employed business owners. Since 1980, Ron has presented seminars on tax strategies to over 300,000 self-employed business owners.
Ron has lived in Arizona since childhood, graduating from Scottsdale High School and receiving his accounting degree from Arizona State University.
Ron is a former Green Beret who spent four years as a tax specialist with the international accounting firm of Price Waterhouse in its Phoenix office. He worked six years as the vice president and director of taxes for Combined Communications Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, and six years as the vice president of the Tax Reduction Institute. Currently, Ron is on the senior faculty of the Becker Professional Review, an international educational company that prepares college graduates to pass the CPA examination. He is also an instructor for Bradford and Company, Inc.’s tax strategy courses.