7/6/2010 to 7/8/2010
July 6 and 8, 2010
From 12:00 PM until 1:30 PM EDT
IMC USA Academy Webinar
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
The Innovation Strategist Workshop:
Module 1-Innovation Strategy and Leadership
By Dr. Howard Rasheed
contributes to the requirements for CMC certification with the Core
Competency focus area of Business Acumen, Mastery level.
Participants will learn how to create a disruptive innovation strategy for the global and national competitive imperative. They will learn innovation styles, and leadership skill for the new role of Innovation Strategist. They will get hands on experience with techniques and tools that are based on a proactive, holistic, and scientific approach that enables innovation leaders and stakeholders with organizational transformation skills.
Part 1: New Concepts in Innovation Strategy
• Understand global and national perspectives of the innovation imperative
• Learn the principles "Creative Disruption” for building sustainable innovation
• Recognize the Strategic Transformation Model as a blueprint for increasing the effectiveness of opportunity exploration and exploitation activities throughout the organization
• Understand how to use the Business Model Innovation framework to covert opportunity into value and solutions
• Review the Innovation Style Assessment assignment.
Part 2: Innovative Leadership
• Interpret your individual and team innovation styles assessments
• Describe your individual styles in the context of innovation project roles
• Review the evolution of innovative thinking concepts
• Learn the "Six Values of an Innovative Leader”
• Learn the skills necessary to become an Innovation Strategist.
• Complete your Innovation Leadership Profile
HOWARD RASHEED, PHD, writes and speaks on
how to effectively accelerate innovation in organizations. Known internationally
as the "Innovation Strategist,” he leads a team of innovation consultants and
trainers of techniques that empower innovative leaders in their search for
competitiveness. His upcoming book, Reinvent Your Business Model: 7 Steps to
Sustainable Innovation, presents a simple but colorful metaphor of a system
for sustainable innovation.
This science-based approach to
innovation guides you to a renewable source of creative energy and
transformational ideas. He has developed a proprietary system and software for
innovating and ideation called "The Idea Accelerator.” This science-based
system has been used in applications for strategic transformation, think tanks,
technology commercialization, and product development projects.
Dr. Rasheed is an Associate Professor of
Strategy and Innovation at the University of North Carolina in Wilmington and
Founder of the Institute for Innovation. He received his PhD in Global
Strategic Management from Florida State University. Dr. Rasheed has been a public speaker since
college and is a graduate of Dale Carnegie. He has been invited to speak
and conduct workshops at many conferences on strategic transformation,
innovation and futurism. Dr. Rasheed has also been featured
in a PBS documentary, radio shows and publications like the Yearbook of