7/6/2010 to 7/29/2010
Tuesdays and Thursdays from July 6 to July 29, 2010
From 12:00 PM until 1:30 PM EDT
IMC USA Academy Webinar
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
The Innovation Strategist Workshop:
By Dr. Howard Rasheed
This course workshop
contributes to the requirements for CMC certification with the Core
Competency focus area of Business Acumen, Mastery level.
The Innovation Strategist workshop series provides consultants and leaders with a practical, step-by-step approach to re-inventing their business model. Participants will learn a holistic innovation strategy, a sustainable innovation system, and techniques for business model innovation. Participants will learn how to implement state-of-the art methods, software, and tools that harness the collective intelligence of your innovation stakeholders to produce transformative ideas and solutions.
In the first module, participants will learn how to create a disruptive innovation strategy for the global and national competitive imperative. They will learn innovation styles, and leadership skill for the new role of Innovation Strategist. They will get hands on experience with techniques and tools that are based on a proactive, holistic, and scientific approach that enables innovation leaders and stakeholders with organizational transformation skills.
Module 1, Part 1: New Concepts in Innovation Strategy
- Understand global and national perspectives of the innovation imperative
- Learn the principles "Creative Disruption” for building sustainable innovation
- Recognize the Strategic Transformation Model as a blueprint for increasing the effectiveness of opportunity exploration and exploitation activities throughout the organization
- Understand how to use the Business Model Innovation framework to covert opportunity into value and solutions
- Review the Innovation Style Assessment assignment.
Module 1, Part 2: Innovative Leadership
- Interpret your individual and team innovation styles assessments
- Describe your individual styles in the context of innovation project roles
- Review the evolution of innovative thinking concepts
- Learn the "Six Values of an Innovative Leader”
- Learn the skills necessary to become an Innovation Strategist.
- Complete your Innovation Leadership Profile
In the second module, participants will learn a 7 step innovation system that stimulates the collective intelligence of your stakeholder and creates a sustainable culture of creativity in your organization. Consultants will be able generate additional revenue opportunities by having access to a proven methodology, software, tools, and templates for innovation and planning engagements.
Module 2, Part 1: Generating Ideas
- Learn how to construct mind maps for analyzing your strategic environment.
- Define innovation project scope using the Value Network Map template.
- Learn effective scanning techniques to discover future-focused dynamic knowledge.
- Review Dynamic Knowledge research templates for scanning assignment.
- Apply "bisociation brainstorming” methods for anticipating future possibilities.
Module 2, Part 2: Implementing the Innovation System Toolkit
- Practice conceptual prototyping for idea generation using the Idea Pyramid.
- Engage in the group wisdom technique of "Solution Evolution”.
- Learn multiple scenario modeling techniques.
- Learn how to build technology and strategic road maps.
- Learn how to develop Innovation Balanced Scorecards to measure Innovation ROI.
- Learn how to use Web 2.0 ideation software to facilitate your innovation and strategic transformation projects.
In the third module, participants will learn how to assess the viability of their current business model based on emerging trends that are reshaping the new economy. They will learn a proven system with tools and templates for business model innovation. Consultants will generate more revenue opportunities by helping their clients create and continually renew their business models using new ideas from product development, strategic foresight, and strategic planning efforts.
Module 3, Part 1: Business Model Design
- Learn the
main components of a Business Model.
emerging trend analytical tools to assess the viability of your current
Learn how to use templates for Business Model Design.
- Use the 7
Step Innovation System to reinvent your Business Model.
Module 3, Part 2: Business Model Innovation
emerging business models enabled by the Internet.
- Review the emerging business models in commercial business sectors.
- Learn how business models can be applied to the public sector.
- Investigate emerging business models in the social enterprise sector.
- Develop an Innovation Balanced Scorecard to measure effectiveness.
HOWARD RASHEED, PHD, writes and speaks on
how to effectively accelerate innovation in organizations. Known internationally
as the "Innovation Strategist,” he leads a team of innovation consultants and
trainers of techniques that empower innovative leaders in their search for
competitiveness. His upcoming book, Reinvent Your Business Model: 7 Steps to
Sustainable Innovation, presents a simple but colorful metaphor of a system
for sustainable innovation.
This science-based approach to
innovation guides you to a renewable source of creative energy and
transformational ideas. He has developed a proprietary system and software for
innovating and ideation called "The Idea Accelerator.” This science-based
system has been used in applications for strategic transformation, think tanks,
technology commercialization, and product development projects.
Dr. Rasheed is an Associate Professor of
Strategy and Innovation at the University of North Carolina in Wilmington and
Founder of the Institute for Innovation. He received his PhD in Global
Strategic Management from Florida State University. Dr. Rasheed has been a public speaker since
college and is a graduate of Dale Carnegie. He has been invited to speak
and conduct workshops at many conferences on strategic transformation,
innovation and futurism. Dr. Rasheed has also been featured
in a PBS documentary, radio shows and publications like the Yearbook of