Sam Horn, America’s Intrigue Expert and author of POP!
"When you stick to what you know; you sell yourself short.” – Carrie Underwood
There are hundreds (thousands?) of management consultants in the Washington DC area.What are you doing to stand out?
In tough times and in a crowded marketplace, no one can afford to blend in. Blending in is for Cuisnarts, not for consultants. You’ve got to stand out to get hired. And you don’t stand out by sticking to what and who you know.
Want good news? This rollicking, "Intellectual Disneyland” session is packed with "I can use that today” ideas you can use to identify your USP (Unique Strategic Positioning) so you become one-of-a-kind (vs. one-of-many) and become THE go-to resource in your area of expertise. A sampling of the ideas include how to:
- Use the W9 Form to figure out how you’re special
- Crystallize an Umbrella Brand so all your business activities are symbiotic
- Corner a niche by creating a NURD (New Word) you can trademark
- Create "have ‘em at hello” sound-bytes for attention-grabbing media outreach
- Craft a clear, compelling elevator intro that motivates people to want to know more
- Differentiate yourself from competitors so you don’t look like everyone else
- Develop memorable money phrases that people repeat and use months (years!) later
- Build an impressive body of work that commands the attention and respect of your target customers
Your presenter is Sam Horn who is known as America’s Intrigue Expert with a 25 year track record of results as a leading communications strategist. A version of this session was a top-rated program at the 2008 INC. 500/5000 conference (along with Jim Collins of Good to Great, Seth Godin of Linchpin and Tribes and Tom Peters of In Search of Excellence.)
After experiencing Sam’s interactive, original approach; you'll understand why she’s called brilliant, why she receives raves from clients including Intel, HP, Boeing, NASA, Cisco, KPMG, Capital One and ASAE, why she was a judge at USA Today’s Perfect Pitch conference.
Sam has also authored six books including POP! and Tongue Fu! that have been featured in BusinessWeek, Washington Post, Readers Digest, Investors Business Daily and on NPR and MSNBC. Her book POP! Create the Perfect Pitch, Title and Tagline for Anything introduces original techniques on how to interest anyone in anything in 30 seconds or less. It was endorsed by Richard Lederer of NPR, Jeffrey Gitomer known for his columns on sales and his "Little Red Book of Selling”, and Ken Blanchard who says it is an, "Inspiring guide to getting heard, getting remembered, and getting results.”
Sam is also an in-demand media resource who’s been interviewed on MSNBC, NPR, BusinessWeek, along with all the major networks (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) and on Jay Leno’s Tonight Show.
For more information, visit. www.SamHorn.com