California State University at Fullerton, Thales-Raytheon Systems Conference Room, Engineering Building
2701 East Nutwood Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92831 (at Nutwood Ave. exit off 57 Freeway).
Parking: At Fullerton Marriott Hotel across the street from the Business Building ($5.00).]
Please RSVP to:
Curt Deckert, CMC, PhD Chair, IMC Technology SIG President of Curt Deckert Associates, Inc.
714-639-0746, email@example.com, www.cdeckert.com, www.deckert.net, www.eyedesignbook.com
About IMC Orange County Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
SIGs are designed for IMC members, but non-members and visitors are welcome for up to three SIG meetings.
If your consulting practice serves the high-tech industry, please join us on May 26, 2011.
Participation is free.
The Mission of the IMC Technology SIG is to:
* Identify opportunities in consulting to high-tech clients.
* Develop more effective consulting skills in serving high-tech clients.
* Facilitate use of technology by client companies.
* Support each other through networking and professional relationships.
* Create a collaborative group of consultants serving high-tech clients or performing technology development.
Applied Engineering at CSUF With
Dr. Raman Menon Unnikrishnan, Dean and
Dr. Susan Barua, Associate Dean
Introductions, 3:30-3:40 p.m.
Dr. Raman Menon Unnikrishnan, Dean, is a Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering, and the Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science. His teaching and research interests are in the areas of Control Systems, Power Electronics and Signal Processing. An IEEE Fellow, he received his Ph.D. at the University of Missouri.
Susan Barua, Associate Dean, is a Professor of Computer Engineering and Associate Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science. Her teaching and research interests are in the areas of Computer networking, Computer performance analysis, Parallel computing, Neural networks, Web-based database development, and Interactive multimedia systems. She received her Ph.D. at the University of Cincinnati.
Tours of Five Engineering Labs, 3:40-4:55 p.m.
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
Presentations: 5:00 to 5:45 p.m.
- Areas of research and grants; opportunities for support
- Resources for working with the technology community
- Technology patenting and commercialization
- Business models and success stories
Cal State University, Fullerton offers several exciting educational opportunities, including student internships, career fairs, alumni mentor luncheon, ECS Week, and annual Technology Breakfast series.
Join us for this stimulating meeting which will explore the boundaries where education, engineering, computer science and business meet. We will proceed to a local restaurant following our meeting.