CMC Candidate Primer Program, a three-part series presented by Angela Dingle
3/14/2013 to 4/18/2013
Thursday, March 14, Thursday, March 28 and Thursday, April 11, 2013
From 1:00 PM until 2:30 PM EST
IMC USA Academy Webinar
Academy Support, 775-853-4666
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
IMC USA Academy presents a
CMC Candidate Primer Program
Presented by Angela Dingle
This workshop is a special webinar offering for guidance on CMC certification.
This Three (3) 90 minute webinars workshop is
Thursday, March 14th, Thursday March 28th and Thursday, April 11th, 2013
From 3:00 until 4:30 PM EST
$90 for IMC Members
$270 for non-Members
Program limited to 25 participants – first come first served - based on paid tuition
There will be no make-up sessions and tuition is non-refundable
A unique small group offering for internal and external consultants. In a dynamic and interactive format, the CMC® Candidate Primer Program is valuable to consultants wanting to:
- Improve understanding the requirements of CMC® certification process;
- Obtain support in completing the process; and,
- Have group accountability to keep the motivation high in completing the application.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM COVER?
- A resume review for pre-qualification and potential gap analysis. This step is on an individual basis via e-mail with Angela Dingle,CMC, the facilitator.
- An orientation/overview and guidance of the value of the CMC®.
- Help participants stay on track in the process of certification.
- A clinic program (2 classes) one –half hours each class to help participants remain focused on the process, obtain timely feedback on their application, and practice scenarios with the group as primers for the ethical tests.
- Organized study materials with timetables and overviews.
- A seasoned CMC® as your facilitator and mentor through this program.
- Offer Q&A at all sessions
IMC Professional Members who submit their completed CMC application by 12/31/2012 will be able to enjoy a special application fee in recognition to their participation in this program: Special One Time offer of $100 Discount off the regular application fee
The CMC® certification represents evidence of the highest standards of consulting and adherence to the ethical canon of the profession. The CMC mark of excellence is used worldwide to identify a management consultant whose competency is recognized and certified by a national institute that is a member of the 44-nation International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI), of which IMC USA is a charter member.
The sessions will be based on the pre-session materials which include:
- IMC USA’s Competency Framework and Certification Scheme.
- The IMC Code of Ethics.
- The IMC Common Body of Knowledge
- The Certified Management Consultant CMC® Information – Application
- Webinar: How to complete the Application
A little background on Certification Streams
This certification track is intended for candidates who have been in the management consulting profession from 3 to 9 years as an independent or internal consultant.
Experienced Consultant StreamThis certification track is intended for candidates with
10 or more years experience as an
independent or internal management consultant. Management StreamThis track is intended for candidates with 20 or more years experience in the high level management of non-consulting companies. These candidates must meet all of the requirements for basic stream with the exception of the years as independent or internal consultants. It is preferred that the candidate have been involved in 3 years of internal consulting for their employer or have been accountable for the successful completion of projects involving the use of consultants by their employers.
Angela Dingle, CMC
founding Ex Nihilo, Angela Dingle served as a Line of Business Manager with
profit and loss (P&L) responsibility for over $40 million dollars in
contract engagements for commercial, state and federal agencies. Angela is a
Certified Management Consultant (CMC) with over twenty years of experience in
business leadership, IT governance, risk management, compliance, software
engineering, and quality assurance. She holds a Master of Science in Management
Information Systems from Bowie State University, Bowie, MD, a Bachelor of
Science in Computer Science from DeVry Institute, Columbus, OH and is Certified
in the Governance of Enterprise Information Technology (CGEIT).
Angela serves on the
Board of Directors for Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP) Education
Foundation. Angela is the former Vice President of Professional Development for
IMC National Capitol Region. She is a member of ISACA and Delta Sigma Theta
Participation in the CMC® Candidate Primer Program DOES NOT have any implied guarantee of award of the CMC® certification. Candidates must meet all certification requirements independently of their participation in this program. The Primer Program is not a pre-requisite for the award of the CMC. Individuals are not encouraged to take the Primer if they do not think they meet the eligibility requirement for the CMC®. The eligibility requirements can be found at http://www.imcusa.org/?page=CERTFAQ