Change Management for Consultants:
Business opportunities for all consulting disciplines
With Helen Mitchell, CEO, Strategic Management Resources
Thursday, November 10, Mimi's Café, Irvine, 7:00 to 9:00 a.m.
If there was no need for change, there would be no need for management consultants. In today's dynamic business environment, companies that adapt and change survive and thrive, otherwise they shrink and ultimately perish. Managing change keeps executives up at night, but represents business opportunities for consultants in all disciplines.
To learn about change management and leadership, join us at our IMC Orange County breakfast meeting on November 10 as Helen Mitchell, CEO of Strategic Management Resources and an Adjunct Professor at the Biola Crowell School of Business, shares her experiences and insights. Topics will include:
- What is change management and when is it required?
- Differences between change management and change leadership.
- The driving forces for change and classical sources of resistance.
- How natural stages of organizational growth create consulting opportunities.
- How to build your case for change as a consultant./font>
- Seven steps to successful change management and five mistakes to avoid.
- And a lot more...
All are welcome, not just IMC members.
This will not only be a great learning experience on change management and facilitating organizational growth, but also an opportunity for you to network with your fellow consultants and business leaders in the Greater Orange County area. Expect a lively discussion filled with examples. Be prepared to share what you have seen work and not work when leaders have tried to implement change.
Helen Mitchell, CEO,
Strategic Management Resources
Helen Mitchell is CEO of Strategic Management Resources, a consulting and mentoring firm which specializes in strategy, change management, turnaround management, and building leadership teams. She has worked for Fortune 500 and privately held companies, and has led every functional discipline. She is a trusted advisor to leaders of public and privately held companies, local churches, universities, and ministries. As an adjunct faculty at Biola’s Crowell School of Business teaching Leadership, Change and Innovation in their MBA program, and as an MBA mentor, she is influencing the next generation business leaders in the workplace. She started her business career with AT&T, becoming a Vice President at the age of 30 and running a $.5 billion organization at the age of 35. She holds a B.S. degree from Arizona State University and a Masters in Organizational Leadership from Biola University. She completed Columbia University’s Senior Executive program.
Good Location, New Expanded Menu, Easy Parking: Mimi's Café in Irvine!
Mimi's Café is located at 4030 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, CA 92604, at the southwest corner of Culver and Barranca, 1-1/2 miles north on Culver from I-405. Map. Driving north on Culver, turn right on Barranca, then into Mimi's free parking lot. You will love our private meeting room with big windows.
- Place: Mimi's Café, 4030 Barranca Parkway, Irvine, CA 92604
- Date: Thursday, November 10, 2016 (2nd Thursday of the month)
- Time: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Cost: $15 for IMC members, $25 for non-members. This includes any choice from the expanded IMC hot breakfast menu, tax and tip included.