Professional management consultants not only provide superior services to their clients, they do so in an ethical manner. IMC USA requires that members adhere to a Code of Ethics as a condition of membership and for certification. Ethical behavior, as defined by IMC and its global partner ICMCI, includes practices such as:
- Safeguarding confidential information.
- Rendering impartial, independent advice.
- Accepting only those client engagements they are qualified to perform.
- Agreeing with the client in advance on the basis for professional charges.
- Developing realistic and practical solutions to client problems.
The Institute enforces the Code by investigating complaints of violations and by taking disciplinary action, including revoking the certification of any member who is found guilty of a Code violation.
To ask a question about consulting professional conduct, send a confidential email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next: Certification (CMC)