IMC USA exists as the professional association of management consultants to bring together professional management consultants and to facilitate helping each other and advance the consulting profession. See IMC at a Glance.
Here are six reasons to join your professional association:
- Build Skills: Take advantage of our educational opportunities and the experience of fellow consultants to develop your own consulting skills and value to clients, regardless of your level of experience. Add solid consulting skills, behaviors and ethics to your technical competence.
- Network: Expand your professional network to include prospective clients, teaming partners, and consulting colleagues. Regardless of the size of your firm, your value as a management advisor grows with the size of your network.
- Build Your Business: Improved consulting skills, increased visibility, and an expanded professional network through IMC USA helps grow your business. Our free Find A Consultant service for members connects clients to members and members can subscribe to a notification service when clients seeking consultants post opportunities that match your areas of interest and expertise.
- Increase Credibility: The Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation reflects global standards of management consulting experience, technical competence, client satisfaction, consulting knowledge and behaviors, and adherence of high standards of professional conduct. Show your peers and your clients that you are a committed professional. IMC USA is the sole organization in the US that awards this internationally recognized designation, held by less than 1% of practicing consultants.
- Get Known: Contributing time and talent to the Institute, the consulting profession, and our communities brings recognition by your colleagues for your professionalism and accomplishment. Volunteering on behalf of your profession or your community sends a powerful message that you consider consulting a profession and not just a job.
Advocacy: IMC USA represents your interests as an individual management consultant in legal, political, and public arenas where it can have significant impact. Join IMC USA and support the profession.
Next: Professional Learning
Download the document "Why Join IMC?"