Just keeping IMC-Houston members and guests up to date...
On Friday, January 18, your Board met to plan, think, discuss and scheme for 2013. We spent all afternoon in the cold, wet woods of North Texas, and... ok, well, we did spend the afternoon in a cramped hotel room in the Woodlands (since Bob lives up there and gets cranky when he has to drive far).
We discussed the impact of 2012, a rebuilding year of sorts for our chapter, and tried to identify the reasons that consultants want--or don't want--to be involved. I think we hit on some things for 2013 that will be interesting to all.
We'll share some details at the February 8 general meeting (see registration on this site), but a preview includes:
- An actual plan for 2013, instead of just "winging it,"
- A set schedule of meetings, with topics, for members to have NOW,
- A short list of a few things we can do to address specific demographics in our chapter (students, younger professionals, CMCs, etc.), and
- A potential pro-bono project to be staffed and delivered by the Chapter.
Your IMC-Houston Board:
- D. Kevin Berchelmann, CMC, President
- Robert T. Snell, CMC, Vice President & Certification Chair
- Thomas Holt, Vice President & Membership Chair
- Lin Giralt, CMC, Secretary/Treasurer
- Richard Longview, CMC, Director-in-charge-of-everything-else
An exciting year, I think. Look forward to seeing you around...