At the Leadership Summit in early October (immediately before Grow!), I shared the following comments with your leaders from across the country (approx. 40 in all). Thought I'd share it here with you.
Where is IMC USA?
The recent economic times have been tough for membership
organizations everywhere and IMC USA also has had its challenges, as well as many of our members.
We're moving forward, growing and ensuring
that IMC remains vital for many years to come. Specifically, we have a number of initiatives (some of which I have written about previously in the blog):
Reaching out to universities and
consulting firms to bolster membership. Much of the success we are having is because of the grassroots efforts with local
folks reaching out to local firms and universities. This has made a difference.
Launched Mastery of Management Consulting and the CMC primer
relationship with ICMCI and our international colleagues
• Had a successful Grow! -- a new meeting to
allow our members and friends to network and learn together
Developing a suite of new ethics
resources for chapter use
All of these initiatives are about
market recognition for you as a member.
Further, your Board maintains a balanced budget and adheres to a very solid budgeting and controls
Member dues represent 75% of our revenue,
with certification (at 16%), Academy and other (at 7.5%) and universities (at
1.5%) rounding out the other 25%:
On the Expense side, Chapters &
Leadership (at 30%), Member Services (at 33%) and Member Development (at 18%),
or 81% of our budgeted expenses, relate to you, our members. The other 19% is composed of Certification
(at 10%) and Marketing and Other (at 9%) which rounds out our 100% expenses.
You are the
drivers of our continued success -- help us with member acquisition and
retention (using our new incentives), and identifying opportunities within both
consulting firms and universities. [Note, there is a loyalty discount (5%) to pay your dues by October 31 ... take advantage of it now]. If you have already done so, my thanks.
The vision of
IMC USA is to be the community of professional consultants focused on ethics,
consulting competencies and professionalism. Thank you for being a member.