Happy New Year! Welcome back to another great year at IMC USA. The Institute accomplished much in 2017 and is well positioned for even more success in 2018. Here are some of the highlights of 2017 as well plans for 2018 listed by topic. These include opportunities for individual involvement in making IMC USA even stronger.
2018 Is 50th Anniversary of IMC USA:
This year IMC USA celebrates its 50th Anniversary culminating with the 2018 Conference. Destination and site negotiations are in progress and should be completed in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more information.
Major Financial Hurdle Overcome In 2017:
Years ago our Institute committed to providing a retirement plan for former employees. The annual operating cost required to service the direct expenses and fees associated with the legacy plan have approached as much as 20% of annual dues revenue. The Board of Directors successfully engineered a buyout of the program in the fourth quarter of 2017 to eliminate this annual expense. The plan will be officially terminated through the required IRS filings in the first quarter of 2018. There will be no further costs associated with the plan once it is officially terminated.
- IMC USA celebrated its founding legacy of ICMCI in 2017 and strengthened its 30-year relationship.
- Our Institute is working collaboration initiatives with ICMCI in 2018 to produce mutually beneficial value to each organization.
- Follow the “International Window” section in our monthly Connector newsletter for relevant news and updates.
- C2M Live!, IMC USA’s regular online webinar discussion program, continued to grow in 2017 and finished the year with record attendance levels in total and for individual programs. Register to receive C2M Live program notices here.
- IMC USA offered a special three-program C2M Live! Conference Series to promote the 2017 Conference.
o The program was provided complimentary to all who registered including non-members.
o These were the highest attended sessions with approximately half being non-members.
o Contact information for the non-member participants was provided to designated chapters.
2017 Summer Boot Camp:
- We offered the first ever Summer Boot Camp which ran during the heart of the summer and attracted ten participants. This was a four-session program developed by Jim Horan based on feedback from an earlier C2M Live! session.
- Email Noelle Campany (email@example.com) if you have any topics that you would like to see in 2018.
IMC USA Connector Returned in 2017:
- The IMC USA Connector returned in June under the leadership of Marketing Chair, Jennifer Beever.
- The current Connector differs from the previous version in that it is a monthly publication dedicated solely to updating members about IMC USA news, activities, member benefits.
- The open rate for this version of the Connector enjoys an open rate that is almost three times that of previous IMC USA newsletters.
Management Consulting Connection (MCC) Sponsored by IMC USA:
- MCC launched in July and provides the best content for management consulting professionals from the widest variety of industry thought leaders.
- The Connection is highly tailorable by each user
o Select from 42 different concept topics
o Choose from 37 different industries
o Set frequency of distribution
o Collecting relevant content and providing a high-quality destination to source
o Provide an easy-to-navigate site and newsletter
o Enable user selection of content and frequency of sourcing
- Subscribe to MCC at this link if you are not already receiving it.
IMC USA Chat Room:
- The Chat Room is the brainchild of Thought Leader Marketing expert Ken Lizotte CMC and IMC USA Membership Liaison and Employee Engagement expert Jennifer Leake CMC.
o Chat Room is a no-holds barred, free form, open chat about consulting issues and dilemmas of current concern to you.
o Meet, greet, and forge alliances with fellow IMC members on this new online networking platform.
- The Chat Room generally meets on the 3rd Friday of each month from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm ET, so mark your calendars now.
- The Chat Room is hosted on the Zoom Video Conferencing platform.
o Members can see each other during the discussions.
o Login is available from mobile devices as well as phones.
- The Academy had its best year in 2017 with improved content and significantly increased participation.
- 2018 programming was launched last week with Session One of the highly acclaimed Mastering Management Consulting Series. This session, The State of the Consulting Profession in the United States Today, is provided free of charge to all and will be repeated again this week at noon ET on January 11. Click here to register.
- The complimentary Session One is an excellent opportunity for chapters to introduce potential members to IMC USA and The Academy.
- Details of the complete Mastering Management Consulting Series are located here.
- The 2017 Conference content was very strong receiving a 95.0 % speaker rating from attendees.
- Conference speakers continued the recent practice of remaining available to attendees throughout the conference.
- The conference drew participants from as far away as South Africa and an international contingent from ICMCI.
- Highlights of the conference can be found with this link.
- Ten volunteer leaders were recognized for their contributions to The Institute during the Gala.
o Pam Campagna – Certificate of Appreciation
o Jennifer Leake – Certificate of Appreciation
o Linda Howard – CPC Leadership Certificate
o Michael Egan – Distinguished Service Award
o Wayne Outlaw – Distinguished Service Award
o Constantinos Stavropoulos – Distinguished Service Award
o Clint Burdett – Chair Leadership Award
o Edward Stone – Lifetime Achievement Award
o Don Scellato – Lifetime Achievement Award
o David Norman – ICMCI Academic Fellow presented by Sorin Caian, ICMCI Chair
Expert Sounding Board (Mentoring Program):
- The Mentoring Program, developed under the leadership of Parag Ambardekar, was introduced at the 2017 Conference in Atlanta and is available to all IMC USA members.
- The full program is available on the website at this link.
- Members that are requesting mentoring can do so here.
- Members that wish to volunteer their time and skills for mentoring should sign up using this link.
IMC USA continues to expand its benefits and savings while maintaining a very competitive membership rate in each of the membership categories.
- Membership dues average less than a dollar a day with price points for every career position.
o Students - $95.00
o Young Professional - $195.00
o Professional - $325.00
o Certified - $395.00
o Retired Professional - $162.50
o Certified Management Consultant Emeritus - $150.00
- The strong increase in member benefits and savings, coupled with the full range of membership categories makes IMC USA membership an excellent option for aspiring or more senior management consultants.
o The Institute acquired 73 new members in 2017 including 12 Students and 1 Young Professional.
o Our newest members continued the recent trend of quickly becoming involved and active within chapters, on national committees, and most recently on the IMC USA Board of Directors.
o Member benefits and savings are detailed at this link.
- Expert Click Press Release distribution expanded for special chapter events in 2017 and continues in 2018 to provide more publicity about chapter events – contact our Association Executive, Noelle Campany, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
- A re-branding initiative is under way, including
o Updates to the website to improve navigation and user experience
o Added information about the new RFB (Voice of Member) initiatives
o Improved online community and member engagement
o A strengthened learning platform
- Recharge IMC USA Public Relations and Social Media efforts
o Online followers of IMC USA increased in 2017 driven primarily through increased postings.
o The special Conference Website created many more impressions and a heightened awareness of IMC USA.
o IMC USA social media sites can be found at these locations.
- Expand outside promotion of Academy and other programs
- Contact Marketing Chair, Jennifer Beever, email@example.com, 818-347-4248, if you would like to volunteer for IMC USA’s Marketing or Social Media Committees.
Reason for Being (RFB):
- RFB leadership training was accomplished in October at the Leadership Summit in Atlanta with national, chapter, and at-large leaders participating.
- Several volunteer training sessions were completed in November and December.
- Team buildout and team assignments will be completed in January and February.
- Priorities and action plans for 2018 will be completed at the annual strategy session during the second week of February.
- As IMC USA celebrates its 50th Anniversary, RFB offers every member the opportunity to build upon the legacy of those that came before us and prepare IMC USA to grow during the next 50 years.
With the stock market continuing to set record highs, the economy rocking with two consecutive quarters of GDP greater than 3.0%, consumer confidence at a 17 year high, unemployment at a 17 year low, and companies advancing major investments in plant, equipment, and people, 2018 should be a record year for all of our members. As we work to develop our own businesses, we should all remember that we also have access to one of the greatest resources of additional support with our fellow IMC USA members.
Thank you for all that you do to make IMC USA this wonderful community of game changing management consultants.
Chair & CEO