HOW TO INK THE DEAL
The myths, minefields and musts of consulting agreements and contracts
with Michael Pierson, Attorney at Law and Charles Wilson, CMC
Eons ago, agreements were executed with a handshake. In today’s complex world, using a handshake in lieu of an agreement can land you in all kinds of trouble, both with your client and the law.
Getting it in writing can help avoid misunderstandings, and puts you and your client on the proverbial same page.
And how do you do that?
Join us on Thursday, August 22 at 11:00 am PDT (2:00 pm EDT) for the answers!
We will use GoToMeeting for this event...
Access Code: 756-631-725
What you’ll get
In this webinar we’ll throw a spotlight on agreements and contracts through two distinct lenses: the consultant looking to seal the deal with their prospect; and: how to protect yourself from the costly minefields that can land you in legal trouble and go into battle with your client.
A snapshot of what you’ll learn
• Understand why written agreements are mandatory with every client!
• How to use agreements to protect against scope creep, client friction, lawsuits and protect your IP
• Understand how to write agreements when teaming or subcontracting with other consultants
• How using a free template for contracts can be quick and easy!
• Learn how the new California state independent contractor law impacts your practice and what to do about it
• Know why and when you need an attorney
Who should attend
• Management consultants
• Business advisors and executive coaches
• Anyone who sells professional advisory services who think contracts are optional
Free Summer Webinar – Sponsored by IMC NorCal!
Grab your webinar seat now.
About our guest speakers
Michael Pierson is a business law attorney and litigator. His firm focuses on business law, civil litigation, criminal, probate, conservatorship, and guardianships. He is a partner at Key Counsel, P.C., with offices in Walnut Creek and Antioch, California.
Charles T. Wilson CMC, CRM, RPLU provides objective risk management and insurance advice to mid-sized and smaller business owners and executives. He is independent and does not sell insurance. Charles is President and Founder of RiskSmart Solutions® located in El Cerrito, California
The One Page Business Plan Company is pleased to sponsor this webinar in conjunction with IMC USA’s Northern California chapter.