Benefits of Your IMC Membership; Your Ideas for Meeting Program & Topics
Friday, September 13
Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach LAX
14400 Hindry Ave
Hawthorne, California 90250
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Value And Benefits of IMC USA Membership
Two Roundtable discussions are set for the IMC SoCal Breakfast on Friday, Sept. 13, which was postponed one week due to the Labor Day holiday. The meeting will be held at the Ayers Hotel.
First, we’ll have a Roundtable discussion on the Value and Benefits of IMC USA Membership. The perceived value and benefits of IMC USA membership often differ from member to member. Major factors often include:
- Association with like-minded professionals in your region, nation and around the globe;
- Membership in a professional organization that sets you apart from others in the consulting field and assist with your marketing efforts;
- Adhere to a recognized Code of Ethics;
- Opportunities for networking with and potential business referrals from other members; and
- The opportunity to obtain the Certified Management Consultant designation that represents achievement of the highest global standards for performance, knowledge, and ethical canons of the consulting profession.
Program Topics and Speakers
We will also have a brainstorming session on programming for the 2019-2020 program year. A number of suggestions have been made about potential topics for IMC SoCal’s monthly breakfast meetings in the 2019-2010 program year.
It has been suggested that IMC SoCal move towards more of a Roundtable discussion meeting format facilitated by a different Certified Management Consultant each month. The Dallas Fort Worth Chapter uses a similar format that has worked well.
Other suggestions were that IMC SoCal use the IMC USA curriculum or set up its own series of programs around a particular theme such as Growing Your Consulting Practice. Individual members, especially those who have not been active, would be encouraged to facilitate a topic of their choice. These topics could include:
- The Future of Consulting
- Structure: Legal, Financial and Practical Tips for Success
- Branding and Positioning Panel – Consultants Share Success Stories and Examine What Didn’t Work
- Marketing Your Practice with Networking and Speaking
- Attracting the Right Clients & Customers through Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Setting up the Client Engagement: What You Need to Know
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Proposals
- The Ethical Consultant: Exercises and Discussion
- Dealing with Difficult Clients
- Certification: Is it For You?
- Advanced Methodologies to Add to Your Consulting Toolkit
- And other topics suggested by members
Come Join The Fun! “Learn, Connect, Grow”
Attend the IMC SoCal Breakfast In Person or Via Zoom
Fri., Sept. 13, Ayres Hotel, Matisse Restaurant, Hawthorne, CA
7 AM - Networking, 7:30 AM - Breakfast & Program
Roundtable Discussion Topics
“Benefits of Your IMC Membership”
“Your Ideas for Meeting Programs & Topics”