The Consultant as a Fractional CxO”
with Western Management Associates'
Gene Siciliano, CMC
Gene Siciliano, CMC, will speak on “The Consultant as a Fractional CxO“ during the June 5 IMC SoCal meeting. Having built his business as one of the earliest examples of fractional executive consulting, he strongly believes the concept an apply to a wide variety of consulting professions especially given the strong presence of middle market privately owned companies in southern California. He will explore that idea with us at our June meeting.
"As your CFO for Rent® working with CEOs, my team and I help clients push to greater profitability and control of their business, maximize valuation at exit, or restore the company to profitability,” says Siciliano.
Siciliano’s numerous success stories include:
- Increased an aerospace manufacturer’s profit margin from zero to 10% of sales in 12 months. Continued work resulted in a business that consistently delivers 15-18% net profit annually;
- Improved the bottom line of a company from losses to record profits in 2 years by improving financial reporting, job cost budget controls and management education;
- Stopped a cash drain of $50,000/year by controlling collections, increasing productivity and removing inefficiencies;
- Successfully wound down a failing $30M company, achieving 100% payoff of creditors, payrolls met to the last day in business, and owners walked away free of liability or stigma;
- Maximized the valuation of a mobile communication company beyond owner’s expectations, resulting in $5,000,000 additional cash to the owner at exit.
- Avoided the collapse of the financial reporting system of a mid-sized nonprofit agency by orchestrating a critical systems conversion, completed on time and under budget.
Siciliano is the author of the Amazon.com best seller Finance for Non-Financial Managers, 2nd Edition, McGraw-Hill 2015 and Financial Mastery for the Career Teacher, Corwin Press 2010. He is also an instructor for Illumeo, an online demand website for education in finance.
Siciliano’s specialties include: collaborating with CEOs to develop, implement and manage financial strategies that improve profitability, enterprise value and owner peace of mind; Interim and part-time financial management; business planning; management effectiveness audits; due diligence and quality of earnings reviews; and executive coaching. His Controller for Rent™ service provides interim executives to manage financial departments on an interim basis – for a few weeks, a few months, or a few years.