Print Page  |  Contact Us  |  Your Cart  |  Sign In  |  Join IMC USA
IMC Orange County Business Forum Breakfast
Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend
IMC Orange County Business Forum Breakfast

Doing Business with China: Consulting Business Opportunities in the US With Bill Workman, President of The 7WorksCenter Thursday, March 10, Mimi's Café, Irvine, 7:00 to 9:00 a.m.

When: Thurs., March 10
7-9 AM
Where: Mimi's Café
4030 Barranca Parkway
Irvine, California  92604
United States
Contact: Harald Weiss

Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List  

Don't miss our March 10, 2016 Orange County Breakfast!

Doing Business with China:
Consulting Business Opportunities in the US

With Bill Workman, President of The 7WorksCenter

Thursday, March 10, Mimi's Café, Irvine, 7:00 to 9:00 a.m.

Business between China and the US continues to increase, as China is expected to become the world’s largest economy in 2024. This creates consulting opportunities on many fronts, but also presents special challenges that need to be addressed. While 80% of business and management practices are the same between our two countries, the other 20% reflect major differences in language, culture, political, business, and legal contractions.

To learn the ins and outs of doing business with China, join us at our March 10 IMC Orange County Business Forum, as international management consultant Bill Workman, who advises Chinese and US clients on business and governmental practices, addresses the questions of how best to navigate the China contradictions and be successful as a consultant who bridges the gaps between US and Chinese business. Topics will include:

  • How to find Chinese consulting clients and connect with them.
  • Differences between China state owned industries (SOI), China indigenous businesses, and China foreign owned businesses.
  • Key questions to ask when considering China consulting opportunities.
  • The “Top Ten” must know issues in dealing with Chinese businesses.
  • Overcoming the fractious China-US political relationship.
  • Sources of assistance in working with China based businesses.
  • And a lot more...

All are welcome, not just IMC members. This will not only be a great learning experience about China, but also an opportunity for you to network with your fellow consultants and business leaders in the Greater Orange County area. Be prepared to share your experience in doing business with China.

About Bill Workman, President of The 7WorksCenter

Bill Workman has been engaged in Chinese-American international affairs for the past decade as a government official and a management consultant, providing consulting advice on business development, education, economic development, tourism, and government. He has advised cities such as Beijing and Chengdu, tourist destinations in the Yellow Mountains, and Chinese financial institutions such as CITIC. He holds a bachelor’s degree in geography from Cal State Fullerton and a masters degree in administration from USC. He has received specialized international commerce training from the US Commerce Department and the National League of Cities. He is a member of the Southern California Asia Society and the LA World Affairs Council. He has spoken before numerous professional, trade and governmental organizations, including congressional committees and at the White House.

Good Location, New Expanded Menu, Easy Parking: Mimi's Café in Irvine!

Mimi's Café is located at 4030 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, CA 92604, at the southwest corner of Culver and Barranca, 1-1/2 miles north on Culver from I-405. Map. Driving north on Culver, turn right on Barranca, then into Mimi's free parking lot. You will love our private meeting room with big windows.

The IMC Orange County Business Forums are a monthly program of IMC SoCal, the Southern California Chapter of the Institute of Management Consultants (IMC USA), the national accrediting organization for management consultants. In addition to providing a range of benefits to management consultants, IMC USA awards the internationally recognized CMC (Certified Management Consultant) professional certification mark.

Doing Business with China: Consulting Opportunities in the US Top 10 Client Acquisition Strategies Without the P

Community Search
Sign In

IMC USA Calendar

IMC SoCal Webinar: Leverage Video to Position Your Brand As the Distinct Leader in Your Field

IMC DFW - The Consultant's Round Table:

Message from the Chair