MBA, Finance and Behavioral Science University of Chicago
B.S., Mathematics, cum laude University of Illinois at Chicago
Mary Beth has a solid technology background which spans all levels from programmer through Director and encompasses policy development, software design, maintenance, information reporting, best practices, and product development. Noted for a strong detail orientation, she has experience with financial systems, medical claims systems, analysis, training, and testing. She is a creative problem solver and has experience with a broad range of businesses and IT organizations.
Ms. Pinda has worked in a variety of industries including education, software development, health care claim processing, publishing, and distribution. She has worked for the University of Illinois, Booz, Allen and Hamilton, and Year Book Medical Publishers.
• Member FF/TAG, a unique mastermind group of senior business executives in Northwest suburban Chicago that provides an environment to foster and reward mutual trust, collaboration, and growth.
• CPOA - Coves Property Owners Association - member of board of directors, Treasurer
• UCWBG - University of Chicago Women's Business Group
Mary Beth provides business and technical consulting with a emphasis on business improvement and operational effectiveness. She functions as an advisor for small and medium sized businesses and as a team member on large projects. She founded MBP & Associates, Inc. in 1993.
Her activities and experience include: audits and assessments, review and analysis, development of policy and procedures, problem resolution, delivery support and implementation, training with both published materials and custom development of training materials, and testing including application testing and software upgrade testing.
Mary Beth is a technologist who can communicate the technical understandably to the non technical individual. She has great skill in writing and believes that businesses need to create and maintain written policies, procedures, and processes. In the analysis of existing processes and procedures for memorializing in print streamlining and enhancements can be identified. Mary Beth asks "why" and "is there a better way".
Services include: • NEEDS ASSESSMENT • HARDWARE and SOFTWARE SELECTION • OPERATIONAL REVIEW • ANALYSIS and DESIGN • BUSINESS PROCESS REVIEW and STREAMLINING • TRAINING • PERSONAL COACHING • BEST PRACTICES • BUSINESS INTERRUPTION (DISASTER) PLANNING
Representative engagements include:
• Provided operational support and business advice to boutique insurance consulting practice.
• Planned and supported Lotus Notes rollout implementations and client upgrades. Developed standard policies and procedures for migration and best practices for client desktops and servers.
• Problem resolution for implementation and Lotus Notes users issues. To address and resolve common problems developed set of FAQs and published in a Lotus Notes database for universal access.
• Developed capacity planning best practice for F500 Company. Interviewed technical staff, reviewed existing documentation, standards, system reports, and data.
• Reviewed and analyzed operating status reports for major utility. Developed best practices for data acquisition for metrics for IT assessment. Metrics became the basis for the IT Annual Report.
• Performed comprehensive review of IT department for provider of tele-underwriting life insurance processing. Identified customer relationship problem and recommended solution.
• Collected and organized a series of author's web based articles into a book draft. Reviewed and edited book "Fire In The Corporate Belly" by Tom Fitzgerald.