Learn the fundamentals of management consulting from successful, experienced consultants.
Do you want to deliver more value for clients?
Are you just starting a new or re-focusing an existing consulting practice?
Would you like to have more confidence about the right steps in a consulting project?
IMC USA's Mastering Management Consulting fundamentals course helps you learn how to:
- Identify client needs
- Create winning proposals
- Win more projects
- Deliver better results
- Design effective project plans
- Execute successful consulting engagements
Who should attend?
- Early-stage consultants (one to three years of experience)
- Consultants making major changes to the focus of their practice
- Consultants needing specific skills or competencies
- All consultants will benefit from the following three sessions
- The State of the Consulting Profession in the US
- Consulting Core Competencies
- Ethics and Professional Behaviors (fulfills Ethics requirement for IMC USA’s Certified Management Consultant ® (CMC®) accreditation)
Mastering Management Consulting Modules
Module 1: Core Competency (2 sessions) - Learn about the current state of the consulting industry from experienced consultants and the core competencies required to be a successful consultant.
Module 2: Ethical Challenges (2 sessions) - Understand the experiences, constraints and issues surrounding consulting engagements today. Identify your own ethical framework.
Module 3: Consulting Process (6 sessions) - Learn how to define the scope of your consulting engagement, write better proposals & project plans, conduct research & gather data, identify solutions, implement & disengage.
Module 4: Practice Management (3 sessions) - Learn how to market your practice & manage client relationships, manage your consulting practice, and maintain your competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Designed for small groups, these sessions are seminar style, using case studies and worksheets to teach skills and discuss various consulting tools, techniques, philosophies, and best practices that are immediately applicable to the participant’s consulting practice.
Mastering Management Consulting is also available as a face-to-face class in selected regions. Instructors are available to deliver the course on-site for consulting firms and corporate (internal) consulting group.
For more information about Mastering Management Consulting, Register as a Guest to receive email updates or contact IMC USA’s Professional Development Director, Lindy Rome by email.