When you consider using a management consultant, look for the Certified Management Consultant (CMC®) certification. . . . Your organization deserves nothing less.
The Certified Management Consultant™ (CMC®) certification is awarded to those select consultants (only 10,000 worldwide) who have met global standards for competence, ethics, and results.
The earning of the CMC® by a management consultant is no trivial matter; it can be likened to an attorney passing the Bar, an accountant receiving a CPA, an engineer obtaining their PE license, or a doctor receiving their medical license. A candidate must submit to the most rigorous vetting process in the profession that includes receiving satisfaction surveys from clients, taking in-depth examinations covering consulting competencies and ethics, and sitting for a panel interview by senior CMC®s
Hiring a Certified Management Consultant means that you and your project will benefit from a consultant who demonstrates of the highest level of competence, as well as:
- A history of results and excellent performance. Evidence of a successful track record is found in client testimonials, references, and repeat business, all of which are required to maintain their CMC® certification.
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards of the profession. Your CMC® has successfully completing both written and oral ethics examinations covering commitments to the client, to fiscal responsibility, to the public, and to the profession.
- Experience in the field. A minimum of three years of continuous consulting and successful results are required for certification.
- Life-long professional education. Your CMC® takes advantage of IMC USA's national conferences, local workshops, topical research, the Academy for Professional Development, newsletters, and other chapter-level offerings.
- A reference network for challenging client problems. CMCs can utilize IMC USA's national database, local chapter reference sources, and the combined wisdom of the knowledge management created and maintained within IMC USA membership.
Clients can be confident that the consultant who has earned the CMC® certification has a history of excellent performance in delivering results to clients; has met world-class standards of competence, ethics, and client satisfaction; and has maintained this level of professionalism through education and periodic certification renewal.
All these give you confidence in knowing that the CMC® you've chosen has passed the toughest certification in the profession, and the only consulting certification that has been ISO-accredited and recognized by the insurance industry as reducing risk. You can be sure that the same professionalism required for certification will be demonstrated to you.
Next: Post a Consulting Opportunity or Search for a Consultant