MMC-01-Mastering Management Consultant S1-FREE-State of Consulting in the US
IMC USA Academy
The State of the Consulting Profession in the United States Today
2018 Mastering Management Consulting Series
Want to deliver more value for clients?
Just starting your practice?
Unsure about your next steps in a consulting project?
Learn the fundamentals of management consulting from successful, experienced consultants.
- Identify client needs
- Create winning proposals
- Win more projects
- Deliver better results
- Design effective project plans
- Execute successful consulting engagements
IMC USA's survey course, "Mastering Management Consulting (MMC)" has 12 sessions organized into (4) modules:
- Core Competency (2 sessions) - state of the consulting industry and core competencies required to be a successful consultant
- Ethical Challenges (1 session) - understanding experiences, constraints and issues; defining your own ethical framework
- Consulting Process (6 sessions) - defining the scope of engagement, writing proposals & project plans, research & data gathering, finding solutions, implementation & disengagement
- Practical Management (3 sessions) - marketing & managing client relationships, managing your consulting practice, maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace for your consulting practice.
Designed for small groups, these sessions are seminar style, using case studies and worksheets to teach skills and discuss various consulting tools, techniques, philosophies, and best practices that are immediately applicable to the participant’s consulting practice.
Module 1, Session 1:
The State of the Consulting Profession (1.5 hours) – Change is constant. The consulting profession is highly competitive. Understanding the current trends in, the consulting profession is critical for consultants and consulting firms to adapt and thrive. This session allows participants and the instructor to share their experiences and discuss the impact of current trends on the business and profession of management consulting. You will be provided with a template for documenting your consulting expertise and business sector training and experience for sharing with colleagues and clients following the session.
Who should attend?
- Early-stage consultants (one to three years of experience)
- Consultants making major changes to the focus of their practice
- Consultants needing specific skills or competencies
All consultants will benefit from the following three sessions