MMC-02B-Mastering Management Consulting:Session 2B-Consulting Core Competencies
IMC USA Academy
Consulting Core Competencies
Thursday, February 8, 2018
12:00pm - 1:30pm ET
2018 Mastering Management Consulting Series
Want to deliver more value for clients?
Just starting your practice?
Unsure about your next steps in a consulting project?
Learn the fundamentals of management consulting from successful, experienced consultants.
- Identify client needs
- Create winning proposals
- Win more projects
- Deliver better results
- Design effective project plans
- Execute successful consulting engagements
IMC USA's survey course, "Mastering Management Consulting (MMC)" has 12 sessions organized into (4) modules:
- Core Competency (2 sessions) - state of the consulting industry and core competencies required to be a successful consultant
- Ethical Challenges (1 session) - understanding experiences, constraints and issues; defining your own ethical framework
- Consulting Process (6 sessions) - defining the scope of engagement, writing proposals & project plans, research & data gathering, finding solutions, implementation & disengagement
- Practical Management (3 sessions) - marketing & managing client relationships, managing your consulting practice, maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace for your consulting practice.
Designed for small groups, these sessions are seminar style, using case studies and worksheets to teach skills and discuss various consulting tools, techniques, philosophies, and best practices that are immediately applicable to the participant’s consulting practice.
Module 1, Session 3:
Core Consulting Competencies (3 hours- 2 sessions) – The knowledge, skills, and behaviors that build client trust and confidence codified in the IMC USA Core Competency Framework and Mastery Levels provide the standards of excellence for management consultants. Participants will be provided with two self assessment templates to benchmark their level of mastery of consulting and their level of training and experience in the core competencies.
Who should attend?
- Early-stage consultants (one to three years of experience)
- Consultants making major changes to the focus of their practice
- Consultants needing specific skills or competencies
All consultants will benefit from the following three sessions
- The State of the Consulting Profession in the US
- Consulting Core Competencies
- Ethics and Professional Behaviors (fulfills Ethics requirement for IMC USA’s Certified Management Consultant ® (CMC®) accreditation)