C2M Live!Consulting to Management
IMC Members - Free
Downloadable document contains recording links.
Recorded on July 21, 2020
"Dealing with Millennials" ... how to manage, or help your clients manage, the youngest generations of today's workforce.
· Mildred Hastbacka Ph.D., author of the new book Channeling Wisdom: A Practitioner’s Guide to Effective Mentoring in the Workplace
· Peter Arthur-Smith , Founding Principal, Leadership Solutions, Inc./Modern Age Leadership Research Corporation
· Meghan McGrath , Director of Marketing for Bates, a global management consulting firm based in Massachusetts, and President of the American Marketing Association Boston
· Ryan Changcoco , Head of Management Development and TD Industries at ATD and co-author of Focus on Them: Become the Manager Your People Need You to Be .
· Host: Ken Lizotte CMC
The program includes:
- Results of a recent focus group conducted by Dr. Hastbacka revealing work/professional issues that relate to "speaking" with this segment of the workforce.
- Leadership concepts developed by Mr. Arthur-Smith for forthcoming book which sows doubt on supposed stark value differences with Millennials over prior populations. However, he notes, “there are considerable differences in expectations when they're in the workforce, i.e., they expect to be led rather than managed.”
- Findings of a global research project orchestrated by Ms. McGrath that surveyed Millennials on their workplace, workspace, and leadership preferences and aspirations.
- Mr. Changcoco will discuss management and leadership trends that are at the forefront of the talent development industry. He will share insights related to managing the leaders of the future and how we can prepare them for inevitable change.